With continuing developments in features and functionality both in telephony platforms and mobile platforms, the team at Evoke are currently setting up a trial to put a mobile and hosted combination through its paces.
We shall be connecting a series of key inbound numbers through Gamma’s ‘Horizon’ hosted telephony platform and delivering calls to some of our mobility end points, namely the mobile telephone and the laptop soft phone.
The key elements that we are looking to evaluate will include:-
- Delivery of simultaneous calls via twinning to both mobile telephones and laptops.
- To be able to set these into hunt groups to enable maximum call answering efficiency.
- To receive a ‘visual voicemail’ (an email with the voice message attached) into our business email inboxes as MP3 or .wav files.
- To be able to control and vary the outbound telephone number that we present when dialling outwards and returning calls (eg if we receive a call on our mobiles from our 01509278278 line we want to be able to call back from our mobile telephones showing 01509 278278 to that customer so that they immediately recognise and answer that incoming call).
- Finally, we want to be able to manage and control it all whilst on the move, via a mobile application on our android device, a laptop application and finally via web interface whist we are out and about doing our day to day business.
The trial will run through January to March, with us demonstrating to customers as the system beds in through the quarter.
Needless to say, we will keep everyone updated via the blog.