It has been a busy week as we have driven our Gamma Horizon hosted telephony and mobility trial forwards. Key developments have been around the enablement of both the laptop and the mobile phone to utilise the capabilities of the solution.
First task was to get fully trained and accredited on both the full Gamma Horizon cloud/hosted platform capability and then more specifically on the features and functionality of the mobility enabler that is the laptop soft client. Once secured we then loaded the soft client down onto a laptop and started to set up call routing and diversions.
Successfully set up and in place so far are:
- Multi number divert inbound to both a mobile telephone (android) and a laptop receiving endpoint
- With simultaneous ringing of both mobile and laptop softphone via twinning
- Diversion on busy or no answer to a single voice mailbox
- Outbound CLI presentation (from the laptop only at this stage) of a single designated local number being 01509 278278
- All tested over Wi Fi on the corporate LAN
Next stage is to test same over private / home Wi Fi, which we will do this week. We will then stress test under diverse inbound and outbound scenarios to see what efficiencies and flexibility we can derive from this solution.
And of course we will update you as we go along – via the evoke telecom blog.