The trial continues at pace and the team at Evoke Telecom continue to see exciting results from the Gamma Horizon hosted trial.
To recap, we are linking mobility devices, ie a HTC One Android OS mobile telephone and a laptop for ‘out of the office’ working.
When we left off from the last update we had successfully set up the laptop soft client and were successfully making calls over enterprise Wi Fi.
Next step was to test the solution from a home working environment, over in this case the BT Infinity home broadband connection at one of the teams home offices and the results were:-
- The laptop automatically loaded the Horizon Soft Client and was ready to work immediately the laptop was loaded and ready for the days work
- Outbound calls were immediately connected with no requirement for server or settings changes of any type
- Inbound calls came through immediately to the laptop client – and simultaneously (via the twinning functionality) to the HTC One mobile device
- Rejected or none answered calls diverted to voicemail
- HOWEVER, although the voice quality from the other party was crisp and clear, no delay, jitter etc – the quality of voice from the laptop was at best muffled. We concluded that this could possibly be due to the low grade headphones being used and would be retested with enterprise grade headphones.
We then tested from a remote location over public BT Openzone Wi Fi.
Once again the experience was as per the home working environment with immediate soft client load up and the ability to make and receive twinned calls. The quality of call was also similar to that experienced in the home worker trial and would also need to be retested using enterprise grade headphones.
We also plan next to see if we can set up our voice mailbox notifications for ‘visual voicemail’ and also/or for delivery of voice messages to an email inbox as a .wav or mp3 file.
Next update to follow soon ……