After months, if not years of speculation, Motorola re-launched its infamous Motorazr phone on Wednesday 19th November 2019. The king of flip phones, debuted in 2004, the Razr is back in business with a modern-retro look and feel.
The clam-shell shape effectively folds down into half the size of a traditional smartphone which makes it pocketable, compact and super modern all at once.
The secondary screen on the outside of the device is a nice touch which enables you to view notifications without having to open the handset.
This really is the phone that’s promised to turn heads, start conversations and look cool but on a like for like comparison with some of its market competition like the Samsung Galaxy fold or Huawei Mate X, it is reported to fall short in some areas like battery life (smaller than the Google Pixel 4) and camera.
Below are the key specs for the new Razr.
- Main internal folding screen: 21:9 aspect ratio, 2142 x 876 pixels, 6.2-inch POLED (plastic OLED)
- Front screen: 4:3 aspect ratio, 800 x 600 pixels, 2.7-inch GOLED (glass OLED)
- 16MP main camera, f/1.7 aperture (no ultra-wide lens or zoom lens)
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- 2510mAh battery capacity
- Android 9
- 15W TurboPower fast-charge
- Fingerprint scanner on the front in the bottom ‘chin’
- Speakers also mounted in the front chin
- One USB-C slot on the bottom of the phone
- No expandable storage slot
- No SIM slot (the phone uses eSIM)
- No headphone jack
- No wireless charging
Evoke Telecom’s ‘Call to Action’
The Evoke team can fully support your mobile strategy. If you would like to discuss or brainstorm your mobile strategy or request mobile pricing, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01509 278278 or if you prefer, you can email the team at [email protected]