The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will govern all businesses in the UK on the 25th May 2018. This is a European regulation to ensure individuals privacy and rights when data has been collated about them. The key pillars of GDPR are as follows;
- Individuals’ privacy is respected and processes and systems uphold this by design.
- Right for the individual to request all data about them is deleted.
- Right to move the data from one data controller to another.
- Individuals have control over their own data and how this data may be used.
- Transparency for data handlers – if a breach occurs then the data protection authority and the individuals affected are notified within 72 hours of breach discovery.
- Severe non-compliance fines for businesses who do not adhere to the Regulations
What are we doing about this?
A full pre GDPR audit has been carried out at Evoke Telecom Services Ltd with resulting actions being completed;
- Key compliance policies updated and shared with the team.
- GDPR and general IT Security training sessions scheduled for the team.
- Scoping of development of our internal systems to allow for easy extraction of individuals’ data in the event of a Subject Access Request and subsequent removal if applicable.
Click here to view our addendum to our Customer Terms of Service as a result of GDPR.
If you have any queries about either GDPR or your personal data please contact [email protected]