Just last week, the UK railways were in chaos as searing heat sparked fear of derailed trains.The ongoing problems came after thousands of passengers were left stranded at major stations on Thursday, the hottest July day on record, as temperatures of up to 38.7C (100.6F) created havoc for some train operators. This week we see UK weather warnings for ‘danger to life’ flooding across Derbyshire and 10 flood alerts across the nation. All of this coupled with the increasingly busy roads and inefficient public transport links, what can we do to keep our businesses running and employees productive?
Where are we up to with flexible working in the UK?
- Over four million Britons permanently work from home which equates to approximately 13.7% of the UK workforce.
- It was predicted that by 2020 over 50% of the UK workforce would work remotely. We are not quite there yet but increasingly the topic of flexible working is picking up pace at Evoke. We are regularly talking to our existing and new customers about their technology roadmaps and where they see flexible working and disaster recovery solutions fitting into the overall operation of the business.
Evoke flexible working packages typically provide solutions for 4 main scenarios:
- As a permanent solution for an employee that needs secure access to office communications and systems from home.
- As a hybrid solution for employees that blend working in an office with remote or home working. These employees will need to access office communications and systems from the office, home or whilst they are on the move.
- As a mobile solution for employees who are generally on the move but need to keep in regular contact with their peers in the office or at home.
- As a DR (Disaster Recovery) solution. As an example, if all office workers were unable to reach the office for any reason (such as a heatwave or flood) they can still access critical communications remotely and operate securely, as if they were in the office.
Evoke can also create a bespoke flexible working programme for your business to accommodate a different mix of employee user types and scenarios. Don’t be caught short with the next heatwave or flood 😊
Evoke Telecom’s ‘Call to Action’
At Evoke Telecom we provide flexible working and DR (disaster recovery) solutions for businesses large and small. If you need advice on UC and how it could help your business and your employees embrace flexible working conditions, please not hesitate to contact us.
Our super helpful and rather lovely team can be contacted at [email protected] or 01509 278278.
Image credit: Oatsy40